Skip to content

My Baby Ate Bit of Sudocrem

If your baby ate a small amount of Sudocrem, it’s likely not harmful, but it’s still best to consult with a doctor or poison control center just to be safe. Sudocrem is a topical cream that’s used to treat diaper rash and other skin conditions, but it’s not intended for consumption. Ingesting even a small amount can cause digestive discomfort, including nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Additionally, some of the ingredients in Sudocrem can be toxic if ingested in large quantities, so it’s important to monitor your baby for any symptoms and seek medical attention if necessary.

What to do if your baby eats Sudocrem

If your baby has ingested a small amount of Sudocrem, it’s important to take the following steps:

Consult a doctor or poison control center

The first step is to contact a medical professional for advice. They will be able to assess the situation and provide guidance on what to do next. If you are unable to reach a doctor, you can also call a poison control center for advice.

Monitor for symptoms

After your baby has ingested Sudocrem, it’s important to monitor them for any symptoms. Keep an eye out for digestive discomfort, such as nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea, as well as any changes in behavior or appearance.

Seek medical attention if necessary

If your baby experiences any symptoms after ingesting Sudocrem, it’s important to seek medical attention immediately. In some cases, the symptoms may be mild and go away on their own, but it’s always better to err on the side of caution and seek medical attention just to be safe.

It’s important to remember that Sudocrem is not intended for consumption and even a small amount can cause harm if ingested. If you have any concerns about your baby’s health, it’s always best to consult a doctor or poison control center.

How to keep your baby away from Sudocrem

Proper storage of Sudocrem is important to ensure the safety of children and others who may come into contact with the product. Here are some steps you can take to properly store Sudocrem:

  1. Keep it out of reach of children: Store Sudocrem in a high, secure cabinet or shelf that is out of reach of children. This will reduce the risk of accidental ingestion.
  2. Use a child-resistant cap: Make sure the cap on the Sudocrem container is child-resistant. This will make it more difficult for children to access the cream, even if they are able to get their hands on the container.
  3. Store in a cool, dry place: Keep Sudocrem stored in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight and heat sources. This will help to preserve the quality of the product and prevent any spoilage or degradation.
  4. Keep the container closed: Always make sure to close the container of Sudocrem tightly after each use. This will help to prevent evaporation and ensure the cream stays fresh and effective.
  5. Label the container: Label the container of Sudocrem clearly and prominently, indicating that it is a topical cream and should not be ingested. This will help to prevent accidental ingestion and ensure that others are aware of the potential dangers of the product.

By following these steps, you can help to properly store Sudocrem and keep it out of reach of children, reducing the risk of accidental ingestion and other potential hazards.

1 thought on “My Baby Ate Bit of Sudocrem”

  1. My baby never slept well (especially through the night) until I started using – by far one of the best things I’ve ever got my hands on to get him to fall asleep quickly. Best time is 45 seconds from awake to asleep! Can’t imagine life without it! I heard about it through a kindergarten teacher who uses it to put to sleep a group of 30 children. Check it out at – highly recommended! Best of luck to you and your family! 🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *