Skip to content

My Baby Ate a Foam Ball

Have you ever had that heart-stopping moment when you realize your baby has put something they shouldn’t have into their mouth? If your baby has ingested a foam ball, it’s important to act quickly. Ingesting foreign objects can be dangerous and potentially lead to choking, intestinal blockage, or other serious complications. In this post, we’ll discuss what to do if your baby has eaten a foam ball.

What is dangerous about my baby eating foam?

Some types of foam may contain harmful chemicals, such as fire retardants, that could be toxic if ingested. This is less common, but still a risk to consider.

Signs and Symptoms

The first thing to look for when you suspect your baby has ingested a foam ball is the signs and symptoms. Common signs include coughing, choking, gagging, or wheezing. Other symptoms may include difficulty breathing, abdominal pain, vomiting, or a change in bowel movements. If your baby is showing any of these signs, it’s important to act quickly.

First Aid

If you see your baby swallow a foam ball, the first thing to do is to check if they are choking. If they are, call for emergency services and start performing the Heimlich maneuver. If they are not choking, call your pediatrician or local emergency services for advice. They will be able to tell you the best course of action and may recommend that you bring your baby in for an examination.

Medical Treatment

If your baby has ingested a foam ball, you may need to take them to the doctor or emergency room for medical treatment. The medical professionals will evaluate your baby and may use X-rays or other imaging tests to locate the foam ball. Depending on the size and location of the foam ball, they may need to perform surgery or use other medical procedures to remove it.


Of course, the best way to deal with a foam ball ingestion is to prevent it from happening in the first place. Keep small objects, including foam balls, out of your baby’s reach. Be particularly careful with toys and household items that are small enough to fit into your baby’s mouth. It’s also important to supervise your baby closely and to teach them not to put things into their mouth.


Ingesting foreign objects like foam balls can be a serious situation. It’s important to act quickly and seek medical attention if you suspect your baby has ingested one. Remember to keep small objects out of your baby’s reach, supervise your baby closely, and teach them not to put things into their mouth. With vigilance and care, you can help keep your baby safe from harm.

1 thought on “My Baby Ate a Foam Ball”

  1. My baby never slept well (especially through the night) until I started using – by far one of the best things I’ve ever got my hands on to get him to fall asleep quickly. Best time is 45 seconds from awake to asleep! Can’t imagine life without it! I heard about it through a kindergarten teacher who uses it to put to sleep a group of 30 children. Check it out at – highly recommended! Best of luck to you and your family! 🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *